Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

My Recipe Book

I'm a foodie.  I LOVE food.  Boy do I love food.  

My grandfather gave me this book.  Some relatives had sent it as an encouragement gift to my grandmother when she was ill in the hospital before she passed away.  However, she never had the strength or chance to use it.  I debated for a fair while as to what to do with it.  Something kept pressing me to turn it into a recipe book.  Now, that is what it is. 


I began it by honoring my mother and grandmother in it.
I tried to use my best handwriting....tried.


I began with my favorite dish.
I continued with my next favorite dishes.


Notice how they are all spicy.  The third page was Beef and Kidney Bean Chili but the picture disappeared before I could blog it.


I wrote these recipes as my mother did.  She wrote very vaguely and simply because she knew what she was doing and she improvises a little each time she cooks.

I do not know what I am doing but I improvise every time I cook.  It usually always turns out.  I like gourmet meals as much as the easy casserole dishes.  Thing is, I like to go out and eat the gourmet things more.  

When I travel, I like to hit off the beaten path restaurants and try new things.  Each menu must be explored.
My spice cabinet shall NEVER be dull.



Signed,
Your Roux Master


No comments:

Post a Comment