Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2014

My Old Dream

I know it's been forever since I posted last.  But there was a computer switchover and stuff and all the other crazy things that have been going on in my life that have prevented me from wood burning like I used to.  But I'm still being productive.

This year's excitement was purchasing some spring riding lessons- which are as of today....over for the summer.  Bummer.  It's just too hot down here to ride in the summer apparently.

This is me, on Old Joe.  Joseph is his real name.




He's an old booger sometimes but know-it-alls age just like the rest of us saps.



My instructor tells me I'm a natural and I seemed to catch on very quickly.  I can't wait to come back in the fall and ride again.  It's not just my dream for me.  It's my dream for others.  EVERYONE needs to learn to ride.  If you haven't, you haven't lived.

Cows and Corn are two are my favorite smells. (that and the wheat stalks near my bed).  I love riding down a country road smelling the air and catching wiffs of ripening corn and grazing cows.  Its beautiful.  It makes you feel whole.  I come alive out in the country.  That's where my heart yearns to be.


Nickers,
Your Horsey-girl




No comments:

Post a Comment