Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Romantasizing





I thought I made up that word.  Nope.  Webster beat me to it.  Turns out, I'm a romantasizer.  BIG TIME. Take that Webster.

So my current obsession: basically, the noun that consumes me at the moment -- started with an innocent quiz.  Please infect yourself here before proceeding:  Princess Quiz


Okay, now that you have been infected, you like I, will suffer until you have sat down once again and watched this Cult Classic.  I plan on suffering until I can sit down and watch it with a special friend someday. Okay...I'll probably break down and see it before then.  Admitted.

So here are a few of my favorite memes and quotes.










"Give us the gate key." (The Princess Bride) This part is so funny! :)


Okay, I can stop here because I know that you have been thoroughly infected and will take it from here.
REVIEW  I have linked cinemagogue's article on the film here because when I stumbled across it I found it interesting.

I don't entirely agree with that sort of look at the film.  You could look for spiritual allusions in any work of fiction, yes.  I often do.  But what I wish to say about Cinemagogue's article is that these elements are the ingredients that have made this film so well loved and received.

Whether people admit it or not, the love story Christ gave us is truly the greatest of ALL so any of the elements taken from that great love story and thrown into a concoction of our own is going to make it all taste good.

So go rent the film or if you already own it, sit down with your special someone and watch it again. Me...I've got a little shopping to do.


Your Buttercup,


PS- Had a little computer issues lately which is why I haven't been able to post.  I will always come for you.

      I will always come for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment